Here at Five Star J, we know that our Customers care about how information about them is used and shared.
What are cookies?Cookies are small files which are stored on a user's computer. They are designed to hold a modest amount of data specific to a particular client and website, and can be accessed either by the web server or the client computer. Further general information on cookies can be found at www.whatarecookies.com .
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Your name
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode.
- Other information relevant to your order
Cookies enable us and our partner organisations to identify your device when you access our website. The information they contain can then be used to:
- Personalise the website by storing the preferences a user selects for the site
- Store information as part of the function of the website, such as shopping basket contents
- Collect aggregated statistical information about the use of the website.
- Help us improving the website and personalising your usage experience
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at email@example.com
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, you can simply login to your account or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
It is also advisable to change your password regularly
Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, if you use such links to leave our site we do not have any control over the other website.
Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to any other website you visit.